Tuesday, September 15, 2015

PRSSA 2015 National Conference: Rethink, Rebuild, Renew.

PRSSA is the Public Relations Student Society of America.  PRSSA is not limited to public relations and communication majors, PRSSA welcomes majors of all types. PRSSA “seeks to advance the public relations profession by nurturing generations of future professionals.” Usually you join PRSSA through a collegiate chapter. Currently over 11,000 students are involved in PRSSA. Luckily, Ohio Northern University has their own chapter. ONU PRSSA is a great way to gain professional experience and enhance your career. Learn more about ONU PRSSA and what they have to offer you today.  

I decided to join PRSSA last fall and it was a great decision. PRSSA has provided me with multiple opportunities to explore and learn about the public relations field. This fall I have the opportunity to attend PRSSA’s 2015 National Conference: Rethink, Rebuild, Renew in Atlanta, Georgia.

National Conference is a four-day experience that provides future public relations professionals with the chance to network with some of the top public relations professionals in the country. During the conference there are various agency and career tours, workshops, student, chapter and professional development sessions and speakers to listen to. Each day is highly structured to ensure you get the most out of your experience.

Atlanta is home to many big name public relations firms like Edelman and Ketchum. Atlanta is also home to the Coca-Cola and CNN headquarters making Atlanta the perfect city to hold this years National Conference. Not only is Atlanta a great city to learn public relations from, it is also a historic city with several sites to see. I’ve never been to Atlanta before so I am looking forward to exploring the city as well as learning more about the evolving field of public relations.

I’m not sure what to expect from National Conference but I am very excited and thankful for the opportunity. I hope to come back from Atlanta with more confidence, professional connections and a better idea of where I would like to take my future after graduation. National Conference will be a trip of firsts for me but I am more than ready to gain new skills and knowledge in the public relations field.  


No comments:

Post a Comment