Saturday, November 26, 2016

The Game of the Year

The best thing about college football is hands down the Ohio State vs. Michigan rivalry. I spent my Saturday afternoon watching the game of the year with family and friends. If you were born and raised in Columbus, you have no choice but to root for Ohio State and have a deep hatred for the team up north. Thankfully, the Buckeyes came out on top defeating the Wolverines 27-30 in double overtime.

One of my favorite things on game day is seeing how things unfold on social media. Fans reactions to plays and fierce competition are always entertaining and usually give me a few good laughs. I’ve included a few of my favorite tweets from the game for your entertainment.

“Yeah the Buckeyes are literally shortening years off of my life” -@AbbyFinley
Same girl, same. I think I had at least six minor heart attacks in one quarter alone.

“KID HAD ONE JOB. Cut his scholarship.” -@Maggiekimm
In regards to kicker Tyler Durbin missing two major field goals which greatly impacted the game.

“Shelley Meyer just called Urban in the middle of his press conference. ‘She told me to bring a gallon of milk home.” -@TimShoemaker
LOL it’s fine. Totally normal. 



I think it’s safe to say Urban Meyer’s reaction to the last play of the game is how every Ohio State fan felt. I know I’m looking forward to seeing how things unfold and where Ohio State lands in the College Football Playoffs. We will find out Ohio State’s future next Sunday.

As always, go Bucks!

1 comment:

  1. I was totally born and raised as an Ohio State fan. Ohio State was my dream school until I realized I wanted to pursue a musical theatre career. My brother is an alumni from The Ohio State University and when he lived there my favorite thing to do was attend a tailgate and football game. They are THE BEST. When I can't go to Columbus, I usually catch all the tweets that happen during the games, especially between OSU and Michigan. They are all hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete