Sunday, November 22, 2015

Netflix and Chill?

So far, my Thanksgiving break has consisted of way too much Netflix and I’m totally OK with it. I have zero shame sitting in front of the TV for 6+ hours. My favorite thing is when Netflix asks, “Are you still watching ________?” Ummm… Yeah?? What kind of question is that? Of course I’m still watching. As an avid Netflix watcher, here are six totally binge worthy series.

1. "Gossip Girl" 
When will I magically transform into Blair or Serena? When will I find my own Chuck Bass? That’s a secret I’ll never tell (my fellow GG fans will get it). 

2. "One Tree Hill" 
OTH is one of those shows I wish I could go back to the beginning and watch all over again without knowing what happens. I cried like a baby during the last episode just because it was the last episode, EVER and what was I going to do with my life now that I finished the series?

3. "Sons of Anarchy"
OK, fair warning… “Sons of Anarchy” is an extremely violent and graphic show but you just can’t look away no matter how hard of you try. I’ve never really wanted to be a ‘biker chick’ before but I might have to rethink my decision after watching this show. If you can make it through the violence, Son’s will become an addiction in no time.  

4. "Friday Night Lights"
What is better than high school football? Probably nothing. FNL follows the Dillon Panther's football team on their journey to winning a state title. FNL isn’t just about high school football, it deals with issues like racism, finances and family, making it a show relatable to almost any audience.

5. "Breaking Bad"
“Breaking Bad” tells the story of the Walter White, a science teacher with cancer, who turns to making and selling crystal meth to provide for his family. “Breaking Bad” will blow your mind. You won’t be able to keep up with the emotional twists and turns. Not to mention, all seasons are on Netflix, making it that much easier to keep hitting ‘next episode.’

6. "The Vampire Diaries"
I know what you’re thinking. Another show about vampires, right? WRONG. This show is so addicting. Love triangles are never fun unless it includes two vampires and a doppelganger. Seriously, check this one out. The cast is ridiculously good looking too, which is an added bonus.

Sit back, relax and start celebrating your Thanksgiving break the right way.

4 comments:

  1. Allie,

    I too am an avid watcher of Netflix. I am perfectly fine sitting on my couch watching Netflix for the majority of the day. With the series you listed above, I have seen all but "Sons of Anarchy." When watching these shows, I get caught up in the story being told and it's sometimes hard to stop watching. Netflix is definitely my major procrastination tool because I always find myself wanting to watch just one more episode. Overall, I hope you continue enjoying your break away from college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie -

    I am right behind you, and don't feel bad at all for binge watching Netflix for hours and episodes on end. Of your six "must watch series," I have watched three, and all three are definitely binge worthy. One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl are two of my favorite shows. Enjoy your break and all the Netflix you are able to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allie, I couldn't agree with you more! Since we have the time, why not just relax and watch Netflix all day. The problem with me is that I've been doing this for the past four years and am running out of shows to watch! :) Just kidding, it would take a lifetime to watch all of these. I'm surprised you like Breaking Bad, I felt like nobody knew about it. I finished it a year ago and am trying to convince my boyfriend to watch it again. I absolutely loved it. I will have to check out the other shows you've listed because I'm not very familiar with them. I've been into: Mad Men, Lost, Once Upon A Time, The Office, Daredevil, The Walking Dead and many more. If you've been interested in any of these and haven't watched them, I highly recommend them. Keep up that binge watching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allie,

    This is great. I hope you don't mind, but I want to compile my Netflix watch list in the form of a blog as well. I can see that we have the same taste with several of your shows. Walter White changed my perspective on how I look at all of my professors! It makes you wonder! Keep Netflix and chilling, I feel like Netflix is one of the nice escapes we have in college. There is nothing I look forward to more than at the end of the day kicking back and throwing on a Netflix original. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete