Saturday, October 31, 2015

Is it Thanksgiving Break yet?

It is that time of the semester when you’re just fed up with school and responsibilities. I don’t know if it is the weather or the ridiculous amount of school work I have to complete but I’m more than ready for a long break at home with family and friends. Don’t get me wrong, fall at Ohio Northern is one of my favorite seasons. The campus is breathtaking and the weather is perfect! It’s a great time to be a polar bear but seriously, is it Thanksgiving break yet?

I can’t wait to spend a whole week at home with my family and friends. It seems so close yet so far away at the same time. Just being able to relax and not worry about school sounds perfect right now. Not to mention, I am super pumped about Thanksgiving dinner. It will definitely be the highlight of my break. I literally catch myself day dreaming about mashed potatoes in class… Should I be concerned? Probably, but it's whatever. 

With break quickly approaching, it makes me appreciate all the things I am fortunate enough to have. As stressed out as I am with school work, I wouldn’t be able to attend Ohio Northern and reach my goals without the support of my family. I love being a student at Ohio Northern but I also feel like I miss out on a lot at home. It makes me sad to see how quickly my sisters are growing up. Every time I go home they always look so much older and they are developing their own personalities and interests.

I’m hoping these next 20 days (not like I’m counting) fly by so I can spend some much needed, quality time with my momma and sisters.

5 comments:

  1. Allie,

    You are not the only one who is ready for Thanksgiving break. We have passed the halfway point in the semester, and stress is starting to become a frequent feeling. I agree with you in saying that campus at Ohio Northern is beautiful in the fall. I love driving around campus and seeing the colored leaves encompassing the trees. In addition, I am looking forward to spending time at home with my friends and family for a week. I too feel that I miss out on things at home, especially with my sister. Whenever I get the chance to come home, I rarely see her because she is usually at work. By the time Thanksgiving gets here, she will be driving which is a crazy thought. I know it can be difficult, but keep pushing and working hard through the next few weeks of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie -

    I couldn't agree with you more, it is definitely time for Thanksgiving Break to be here.I think we have all reached that point in the semester when we know it's time for a break. I agree that I am missing out by being away from home, especially four hours. I think the best thing about Thanksgiving break is not only the food, but also the time you are able to spend with family. I think we are now down to 18 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allie,

    I am going to continue the comment trend and say AMEN. I went home this past weekend to see my family. I had not been home since the first week of August. sometimes people overlook just how stressful our lives can be in college. They say "oh wait until you are in the working world etc." Thats great I'm sure the working world is stressful, but to argue that a college kids life is not stressful is asinine. We are constantly balancing so many different things between academics, organizations, and a social life there is no me time, and definitely not family time. I am looking forward to national conference, once we get back we only have 10 more days until break! Keep up the great work, we are almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allie,

    This post just made me really sad thinking about how long I am going to have to wait to go home for break. Thanksgiving is always the one of the best times of the year and I love having family come back for the holidays. Thanksgiving, football, turkey, and fall weather really is one of the most nostalgic feelings I ever have and I love when it comes around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allie,

    Thanksgiving break is so soon and I cannot wait! I'm so excited for dinner especially. My grandma makes the best dinner, she was a school cook for like 30 years! Plus, it is always fun seeing the whole family and spending time with them. Along with that, it will be great to spend some time not doing schoolwork or worrying about exams. I hope to see all of my friends back from school at home to so we can hang out just like old times. I hope you have a good break and maybe I'll see you over break!

    Cory Heeter

    ReplyDelete