Monday, August 29, 2016

Working Woman

This summer was no ordinary summer. I did not get to lounge in the pool and vacation in tropical locations like most of my peers. Instead, this summer was full of work and responsibility. My days were filled with writing, editing and creating various communication plans for the Ohio Department of Education.

As an intern in the communications and outreach department, I was asked to find a way to better reach high school students. In order to better reach students, I assisted with the launch of the official Instagram account for the Ohio Department of Education (@oheducation). The main focus of ODE’s Instagram is to share top-line department news, superintendent visits, parent tips and more with photos and infographics. Launching the Instagram account for the Ohio Department of Education was by far, my favorite project.

Working at the Ohio Department of Education was an extremely rewarding experience. I was lucky enough to be surrounded by a team of 13 professionals with unbelievable expertise and knowledge in the public relations and communications field.  

1 comment:

  1. Your internship sounds incredibly rewarding! I completed my internship this summer, but it was only for three weeks. I must say, I learned a lot about myself in an office setting. I made phone calls every day and got hung up on a lot. Though it was very frustrating a lot, I truly look at it as a learning experience.

    ReplyDelete